Chrysoprase is a crystal that promotes balance, self-love, acceptance and playfulness. It brings about a refreshing energy that encourages a youthful love for life and a connection with nature.
Chrysoprase is a green type of chalcedony. It takes its green color from traces of nickel. The green hue can vary from a deep green to a light lime green all the way to a more yellow green.
Its name comes for the Greek words for Gold and Leek (leek referring to the green color).
Jump to a section:
- Metaphysical Properties
- How to Work With It
- ✨ Quick Facts
- Further Exploration
I follow my youthful heart, let go of any inner resentment and let myself be inspired by nature and all of its beauty.
Meaning & Metaphysical Properties
- Chrysoprase helps balance the yin and yang energy at the level of the heart.
- It promotes a sense of compassion and forgiveness for either ourselves or others. In that sense it promotes self-love and love and acceptance of others around us.
- It's a great crystal for meditation, as it helps calm the monkey mind and also helps us feel as one with nature.
- It is said to be beneficial in inner child work and letting go of stuck energy from that period of our physical life.
- It instills a sense of freshness, youth and renewing of life. It helps get over a breakup more smoothly, forgive and let go of the past and helps get us in an energetic space where we are willing and ready to venture into a new relationship.
- Chrysoprase is a great crystal to feel a renewed sense of connection with nature.
- It is said to help bring inner talents to the surface.
- It is said to help with the absorption of vitamin C from our food.
- It is also said to help with detoxification on the level of the body, especially with heavy metals.
How to Work With Chrysoprase
Here are some ideas on how to work with Chrysoprase in your daily life:
- Make an elixir with Chrysoprase that you can then spray around the house to bring a sense of freshness.
- Carry some Chrysoprase with you when going through a breakup or when getting ready to explore getting into a new relationship.
- Meditate with a piece on the area of your heart chakra. Visualize its energy connecting and balancing all the chakra with the heart as the focal point.
- Carry a piece with you when you feel the need to lighten up, be a bit more playful and participate in the enjoyment of life.
Chrysoprase can be found primarily in the following countries:
- South Africa
- Sometimes brown inclusions
- Solar Plexus
- Balance yin-yang
- Love for life
- Acceptance of self + others
- Australian Jade
- Tumbled stones
- Raw pieces
- Number 3
I've prepared the following graphics that you can share on Instagram, Pinterest or your own website/blog:
If you want to further explore about the metaphysical properties and meaning of Chrysoprase, I recommend the following resource:
Thanks to the following books for their great information about the different properties of Chrysoprase:
- LOVE IS IN THE EARTH: The Crystal & Mineral Encyclopedia by Melody
- The Encyclopedia of Crystals by Judy Hall
- The Crystal Bible Volume 1 by Judy Hall
- The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian