I wanted to create a post that summarizes the 7 core chakras of the body in a visual way so that it's very easy to grasp and remember. I hope this proves useful to you in your own energy work and balancing work for the chakras.
What Are the 7 Chakras?
While I'll keep this post short, I think that a general definition that give us a conceptual idea of what the chakras are is very a propos:
- The chakras are energy centers in our bodies that are responsible for the distribution/coordination of life force energy (prana), and ultimately the manifestation of that energy in our bodies and the physical world.
- There are really 114 chakras in our bodies, but 7 of them are known as the core chakras as they are the most impactful and are located in a straight line along the core of our bodies.
- The word chakra which means wheel in Sanskrit, can be pictured as spirals/vortexes of energy and always in movement.
- A chakra is often said to be opened or blocked. A chakra can also be too opened and out of balance with the other chakras. Ideally we want all 7 chakras opened, but in balance with one another.
- Working with chakras often means opening chackras that are blocked, partially closing down chakras that are too opened and balancing out the chakras so that they are in harmony.
7 Chakras: Visual Illustration
In the following illustration you'll find the location, name, meaning and musical note of the 7 core chakras of the body. Additionally I've included some good crystal options to work with:
I hope this visual depiction of the 7 chakras is useful and don't forget that you can use that as a reference when memory is failing you.
I'll eventually also create a dedicated page for each of the 7 chakras, so stay tuned for that!
Stay in the Loop
Hi! 👋 I'm Sébastien (aka Seb) and I'm creating Spiral11. I'm just getting started, so come back often for some great new things!
If you feel like supporting me and this website, you can do so here on Ko-fi.
Thanks so much in advance! 🙏🙏🙏
- Seb, ✌️+❤️