I wanted to create a post that summarizes the 7 core chakras of the body in a visual way so that it's very easy to grasp and remember. I hope this proves useful to you in your own energy work and balancing work for the chakras.
What Are the 7 Chakras?
While I'll keep this post short, I think that a general definition that give us a conceptual idea of what the chakras are is very a propos:
- The chakras are energy centers in our bodies that are responsible for the distribution/coordination of life force energy (prana), and ultimately the manifestation of that energy in our bodies and the physical world.
- There are really 114 chakras in our bodies, but 7 of them are known as the core chakras as they are the most impactful and are located in a straight line along the core of our bodies.
- The word chakra which means wheel in Sanskrit, can be pictured as spirals/vortexes of energy and always in movement.
- A chakra is often said to be opened or blocked. A chakra can also be too opened and out of balance with the other chakras. Ideally we want all 7 chakras opened, but in balance with one another.
- Working with chakras often means opening chackras that are blocked, partially closing down chakras that are too opened and balancing out the chakras so that they are in harmony.
7 Chakras: Visual Illustration
In the following illustration you'll find the location, name, meaning and musical note of the 7 core chakras of the body. Additionally I've included some good crystal options to work with:
I hope this visual depiction of the 7 chakras is useful and don't forget that you can use that as a reference when memory is failing you.
I'll eventually also create a dedicated page for each of the 7 chakras, so stay tuned for that!