Chrysocolla is a form of hydrated copper that represents female energy (Goddess energy) and wisdom. It has a gentle, calm and nurturing energy that helps us communicate from a place of pure love and acceptance. It helps bring our heart and throat center in harmony and speak our truth without fear or guilt.
Its color ranges from blue to blue-green/turquoise all the way to green and specimens will often contain a mixture of those colors. Specimens often also have some brown to dark brown coloration from impurities.
Jump to a section:
- Metaphysical Properties
- How to Work With It
- ✨ Quick Facts
- Further Exploration
I feel empowered from a place of love and balance and I let my words of wisdom flow.
Meaning & Metaphysical Properties
- Chrysocolla promotes peaceful communication and speaking from the heart. In this sense, it's a great stone to use when experiencing issues in a relationship that relate to communication.
- It helps to allow speaking or otherwise communicating from a place of higher wisdom and shows us when silent communication is more appropriate.
- It carries a gentle, calm and soothing energy that helps dissipate feelings of anger or guilt.
- It promotes the mending of relationships and making amends to return to a place of peaceful communion.
- Chrysocolla helps us feel the Earth's energy and understand what it needs to be healed.
- It's a great stone for musicians and aspiring musicians. It helps in learning a new instrument and playing from a higher place. It can also be used effectively with sound healing.
- It is said to help with blood oxygenation, lung capacity, the thyroid gland and to help women with PMS.
- It is also said to help support the liver, kidneys and G.I. tract.
How to Work With Chrysocolla
Here are some ideas on how to work with Chrysocolla in your daily life:
- Meditate with a piece of Chrysocolla on your heart or throat chakra, or anywhere in between where it feels right.
- Wear it as jewelry such as a pendant, close to your throat and/or heart.
- Carry some Chrysocolla to support you when needing to have a difficult conversation.
- Keep a piece with you when singing or playing/learning a music instrument.
- Have some with you when you want to connect with the Earth in a deeper way.
Chrysocolla is found for the most part in the following countries:
- Sometime brown, from impurities
- Female energy
- Personal power
- Inner balance
- Tumbled stones
- Raw pieces
- Number 5
I've prepared the following graphics that you can share on Instagram, Pinterest or your own website/blog:
If you want to further explore about the metaphysical properties and meaning of chrysocolla, I recommend the following resources:
Thanks to the following books for their great information about the different properties of chrysocolla:
- LOVE IS IN THE EARTH: The Crystal & Mineral Encyclopedia by Melody
- The Encyclopedia of Crystals by Judy Hall
- The Crystal Bible Volume 1 by Judy Hall
- The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian