Nuummite is known as the Sorcerer's Stone and is said to be the oldest mineral on Earth at over 3 billion years old. It's composed of Gedrite and Anthophyllite and is a stone of magic, deep protection, grounding, facing our dark side and promoting our inner power. It has a very strong energy, and one needs to be ready for it as it can bring up things that are uncomfortable to the surface to be dealt with.
Nuummite is an opaque black, sometimes dark brown, stone with iridescent (labradorescent) flecks that can be of various colors (gold, silver, blue, red, orange, yellow...) The best specimens have more distinctive, elongated and larger such colored flecks.
Sometimes Black Galaxy Granite, Arfvedsonite or Coppernite is sold as Nuummite, so you want to be on the lookout for anything that might indicate fake Nuummite.
In fact, I got got myself, and the stone from the attached photo was sold to me as Nuummite, but upon examination is looks more like Coppernite to me. The low price should have been an indication. Oh well, you live you learn!
Jump to a section:
- Metaphysical Properties
- How to Work With It
- ✨ Quick Facts
- Further Exploration
I am deeply grounded and in connection with the Earth's energy. I know my worth and use it for the highest good.
Meaning & Metaphysical Properties
- Nuummite is a stone that grounds us deeply with the Earth.
- It balances all of our chakras.
- It helps to make apparent to us things that we've put in the shadows that we should deal with to evolve into our true self.
- It's a great stone to use to strengthen our aura.
- Nuummite offers strong protection against psychic attacks, sorcery and beings that send negative energy towards us.
- It's a stone with strong masculine/Yang energy. It's said to help heal issues that stem from our paternal side.
- It helps release blocked energy, especially energies that are blocked deeply within our psyche or from past lives.
- It helps give us willpower and show us that we have the strength needed to do the sometimes hard inner work involved with our development.
- It is said to help with tissue regeneration.
- It helps bring back old memories, even those of past lives.
- Nuummite has been used traditionally by the Inuits to assist with shamanic ceremonies.
How to Work With Nuummite
Here are some ideas on how to work with Nuummite in your daily life:
- Carry some Nuummite in your pocket for a strong grounding effect.
- Have it with you when in the presence of beings that may judge you or wish you ills.
- Meditate with a piece of Nuummite on your third eye to help in accessing information from the depth of your psyche or about past lives.
- Place it around your home for protection.
Authentic Nuummite normally only comes from Nuuk and the surrounding localities in Greenland. It has been found in small amounts elsewhere, where specimens are of lesser quality.
- Specks: Silver, gold and/or blue
- Third Eye
- Solar Plexus
- (Opens all chakras)
- Clearing past experiences
- Fast spiritual growth
- Clearing negative energy
- Inner Power
- Kambaba Jasper
- Tumbled stones
- Raw pieces
- Carved skulls
- Number 3
I've prepared the following graphics that you can share on Instagram, Pinterest or your own website/blog:
If you want to further explore about the metaphysical properties and meaning of Nuummite, I recommend the following resource:
Thanks to the following books for their great information about the different properties of Nuummite:
- LOVE IS IN THE EARTH: The Crystal & Mineral Encyclopedia by Melody
- The Encyclopedia of Crystals by Judy Hall
- The Crystal Bible Volume 2 by Judy Hall
- The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian
- The Complete Crystal Handbook by Cassandra Eason
Some More Crystals to Explore
Stay in the Loop
Hi! 👋 I'm Sébastien (aka Seb) and I'm creating Spiral11. I'm just getting started, so come back often for some great new things!
If you feel like supporting me and this website, you can do so here on Ko-fi.
Thanks so much in advance! 🙏🙏🙏
- Seb, ✌️+❤️