Indigo Gabbro, also very often called Mystic Merlinite, is a stone of magic and spiritual evolution. It's a type of Gabbro that's found in Madagascar and that features a beautiful mixture of black and indigo-gray.
Indigo Gabbro is composed mainly of quartz and feldspar, along with other minerals.
Merlinite, Mystic Merlinite, Blizzard Stone?
Indigo Gabbro is not to be confused with Merlinite, which is a dentritic agate, and which is itself also often confused as a type of opal. Indigo Gabbro is also often confused with Blizzard Stone, which is a different type of Gabbro found in Alaska. Here's a great read from Hibiscus Moon that untangles the confusion between the different names.
Just keep in mind that, Blizzard Stone, also being a type of Gabbro, will have many similar metaphysical properties.
Jump to a section:
- Metaphysical Properties
- How to Work With It
- ✨ Quick Facts
- Further Exploration
I fully accept and love myself entirely and I let the magic of the universe guide me, while remaining grounded on the Earth.
Meaning & Metaphysical Properties
- Indigo Gabbro is particularly good at strengthening and balancing our third eye and root chakras, but also of all the primary chakras.
- It is said to carry an energy reminiscent of Merlin the magician and can be a very helpful stone for practicing magic and performing spells.
- It helps us connect and fully integrate our shadow self, the part of us that we would normally rather not see. By integrating and fully accepting the light and the darkness in us, we can work towards becoming fully integrated.
- It is said to help us access mystical realms and also to communicate better with plants, animals and other crystals.
- Even though it's a stone of spiritual evolution, is also has a protection and grounding energy, which allows you to access mystical realms while remaining grounded on the Earth.
- It promotes the development of our innate psychic abilities and is a great stone to use for spiritual evolution.
- It is said to help awaken talents and gifts stemming from previous lives.
- Indigo Gabbro helps us see and release non-serving patterns. It can help surface some patterns and emotions to the surface so that they can be changed or worked through.
How to Work With Indigo Gabbro
Here are some ideas on how to work with Indigo Gabbro in your daily life:
- Place it under your pillow for enhanced dream work and to promote lucid dreams. In this way, it can also promote having mystical experiences while you sleep.
- Meditate with it on your third eye to help develop your psychic talents.
- You can also meditate with it to retrieve information and important wisdom/knowledge from past lives.
- Hold a piece of Indigo Gabbro while working with other stones to help communicate with the other stones on a deeper level.
- Incorporate Indigo Gabbro in your rituals and magical spell work.
This particular variety of Gabbro is found in Madagascar:
- Indigo Gray
- Third Eye
- Mystical experiences
- Spiritual evolution
- Psychic abilities
- Lucid dreaming
- Mystic Merlinite
- Smoky Quartz
- Tumbled stones
- Raw pieces
- Number 1
I've prepared the following graphics that you can share on Instagram, Pinterest or your own website/blog:
If you want to further explore about the metaphysical properties and meaning of Indigo Gabbro, I recommend the following resources: